EPISODE 7: Discover how delicate baby spinach — one of the most nutrient-packed foods on the planet — grows even in the dead of winter.
CHEESY SPINACH BITES
Makes approximately 25 (1.5-inch) balls
• 1 lb frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 1 small onion, diced
• 1.5 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
• 1/2 cup grated parmesan
• 1 cup diced mozzarella
• 1/4 cup melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together until evenly distributed.
3. Scoop roughly 1-2 tablespoons of mixture and roll into a ball between your hands like you would a large meatball.
4. Continue making balls with the remaining mixture, and set them on a greased sheet pan.
5. Bake balls for 15-20 minutes until slightly browned on the outside and the cheese looks deliciously oozy.